Our mission is to educate the global technology leaders of the future by offering high-quality, flexible, industry-focused graduate and undergraduate programs. All CALMAT programs feature an innovative, project-based learning methodology that integrates proven management processes and state-of-the-art technology into the curriculum.
Our vision is to be a global leader in flexible, affordable, industry-connected educational programs.
CALMAT programs and courses have been designed to support both full-time and part-time students. The courses are systematic, competency-based, and utilize innovative instructional methods. Proficiency in public speaking and technical writing is an integral part of degree requirements. The curriculum emphasizes concern for issues pertaining to environmental protection and special attention is given to practical engineering research problems. An Advisory Board of Silicon Valley industry leaders actively shapes the nature and content of our programs.
CALMAT was founded by professionals with strong backgrounds in education and in business. Our faculty is committed to offering a high-quality education that connects theory with practical experience and high-tech industry best practices and trends. Our founders have extensive educational and industry experience with more than 90% of the faculty holding a PhD from a prestigious university. Additionally, over 50% of the faculty are accomplished managers in Silicon Valley companies each with more than 10 years of industry experience.
Student learning outcomes:
- Collaboration and effective communication
- Innovation and technology integration
- Ethical behavior
- Global perspective
CALMAT helps students to achieve these outcomes by:
- Learning through practical problem solving.
- Applying advanced technology in teaching and learning.
- Leveraging an outcome-based educational model.
- Providing individual coaching and advising.
As a learning organization, CALMAT values:
- Student satisfaction and achievement.
- Leadership at every level - we treat everyone with respect and believe each individual can be a leader regardless of their position.
- Evidence-based continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Efficient operations and effective collaboration.
The CALMAT culture is built upon a foundation of academic excellence and
outstanding support services. Our unique strengths and achievements
- The President of CALMAT, Mrs. Ginger Chen, has served as president
of two major universities and brings to CALMAT a wealth of experience.
- CALMAT has established a strong relationship with many public and private California universities. Our students receive credit for certificate
courses of by taking CALMAT classes in Silicon Valley. This helps to
build industry relationships and identify job opportunities.
- The state-of-the-art distance learning programs offered at CALMAT
have been successful at many universities including Indiana University, Pepperdine University.
- The leadership at CALMAT, on average, has more than 15 years of teaching experience in similar higher educational institutions.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions.